PDA

View Full Version : JBJ nano-cube 6 light problem

robs5134
03/13/2017, 04:06 PM
It's been a VERY long time since I have been here and this question may be more appropriate elsewhere.

I took my nano-cube out after being shelved for a few years and the lights don't work. I replaced the bulb and still nothing. I checked the fuse and it seems fine. My electric tester confirms power at the socket for the bulb(4-pin). Could this be a ballast issue? The LED's don't come on either.

There is no corrosion and everything seems fine, just no lighting whatsoever and the fans don't come on either. I am totally stumped.

robs5134
03/13/2017, 04:23 PM
Update:

While trying to remove the stainless reflector with mounted LED's, I unscrewed the 2 screws on either side of the LED's and heard something small fall inside. I couldn't see where they fell though. I tightened the screws but they now just spin.

When I snapped the bulb back in place it flickered. When I put it all back together and closed the hood the lights and fans came on but the fans make an annoying hum. For fear of burning them out I turned the light off.

Time for a new cube.

aznflyfisherman
03/14/2017, 10:44 AM
Fan probably going bad or very dirty, check to make dure nothing is lodge on the fan,!try blowing the fan with some can air.

HaKs310
03/14/2017, 01:59 PM
I'm sure you can easily find replacements fans on Amazon or such. Shoot, for what you'll spend on a new cube you can easily find a whole LED kit which will.include fans and be an upgrade.