PDA

View Full Version : Please help with this very basic issue


meegwell
03/13/2017, 05:20 PM
I have Apex gold setup with fusion and the classic app on a mac. I updated to firmware 4.51-2e17.

i have spent a lot of time in the detailed reference PDF but still can't figure this very basic issue out.

i have my four probes set up and working as expected. I can monitor them remotely no problem.

all I want to do next is set up a single physical outlet to run a heater. I have no issues with the basic logic programming and would likely only use the wizard anyway.

first, can I do this in Fusion? It seems to be the same as what I am seeing in the classic app. I can't get to "configure>module>eb8" in the classic app because once I get to choose eb8 I get stuck on spinning orange ring. I am making another post about that.

second, my "outlets" on the "output" page are all variable speed outlets or alarms. There are only 7 of them, ID 0-6. I can change the name, but the device are all like "base_Var2" type "variable". This just doesn't seem right to me.

I re-named one to heater_1 and used the wizard to set temps, but how do I know what physical outlet on the eb8 this is controlling?

I am so confused, any help would be appreciated.

JustinFromAL
03/14/2017, 11:35 AM
Those are the basic built in outlets, NOT your EB8. Your EB8 isn't showing up in fusion. IU suspect the issue is related to your modules page not loading. That's likely a browser issue. Try Chrome or Firefox. Once you get into your modules page make sure the EB8 is on the latest firmware, if not upgrade. If the issue persists disconnect the EB8, remove it from the modules page, then plug it back up and the let the Apex discover it again.

meegwell
03/14/2017, 12:00 PM
Those are the basic built in outlets, NOT your EB8. Your EB8 isn't showing up in fusion. IU suspect the issue is related to your modules page not loading. That's likely a browser issue. Try Chrome or Firefox. Once you get into your modules page make sure the EB8 is on the latest firmware, if not upgrade. If the issue persists disconnect the EB8, remove it from the modules page, then plug it back up and the let the Apex discover it again.

This was exactly the problem. I used Firefox, updated EB8, and the outlets showed up. Now the instructions make a lot more sense!