PDA

View Full Version : Pbt in quarantine

Paaty
03/14/2017, 10:03 PM
Hi, my powder blue tang is almost ready to come out of quarantine. I have had him for about 6 weeks. 10 days of observation, and then he started showing signs of ich so i started nls ich shield powder. After a couple of days the fish was completely clear and eating well, but I continued the treatment for 21 days as per instructions.

After the treatment i did a water change and added carbon to remove the balance of the meds. Now i am at day 2 of observation post meds, how much longer do you sugest i wait before adding him to my dt?

scooter31707
03/15/2017, 09:33 AM
IMO, to be safer that the ich is gone, I would conduct the TTM. I have heard once ich is present some can become immune to it but carry the parasite, just not having a break-out. If ich is still present with him it would be carried over to your DT. Just my 2 cents. I have not had too much luck with that product treating ich. I had more success of treating velvet with it.

ca1ore
03/15/2017, 09:47 AM
Ich Shield is chloroquine phosphate and quite effective against ich. PBT is very susceptible to ich, so unlikely to be an asymptomatic carrier. I would, however, observe for at least two weeks post med removal.