PDA

View Full Version : Friend Dropped Frogspawn... FACE DOWN

TokiHacker
03/16/2017, 02:05 PM
Ok so a friend messaged me and said he dropped his frogspawn face down into the sand and wanted to know what to do to save it or was it gonna die. looks heavily receded but I don't particularly know that much about dropping them ( I use epoxy ).

Have y'all ever experienced dropping a Euphyllia into the sand like that head down?

nuttyd
03/16/2017, 02:14 PM
happens often for me. have most of mine wedged in the rocks. Usually take a day or two to open fully back up. As long as none of the skeleton is showing through the flesh, there should be no worries.

juniorrocketdad
03/16/2017, 02:15 PM
They are pretty resilient to stuff like that, as long as the flesh hasn't been torn it should recover fine

RonMidtownStomp
03/17/2017, 02:06 AM
Could probably put it on the floor and kick it around and put it back in and it'd be fine in a few days.

Consider the fragging process where you get it to recede and then chop it up with a band saw, in comparison. Or what it goes through collected from the wild.

rajilnaja
03/17/2017, 04:24 PM
Smashed one right into the glass while trying to remove it from epoxy, took like 2 weeks to heal, same one was feasted on a by a crab about 2 months before that. Still doing fine months later. They are pretty hardy.