PDA

View Full Version : Chalice Compatibility

Peanut_Power
03/17/2017, 04:33 AM
I absolutely love Chalice, and would love to have quite a few in my tank, but those sweeper tentacles have me cautious.

Can Chalice be kept together, or with they try to destroy each other regardless of the fact that they are all chalice?

How do you successfully keep other corals along with chalice? I've seen some pictures of tanks where there are other corals surrounding a chalice, some seem way to close but are thriving. How is this done?

Peanut_Power
03/18/2017, 05:21 AM
Another question, how do you know where to place Chalice in the tank?

I'm reading that some varieties do better lower in the tank with less light and less flow, and some like more moderate light with more flow.

I was under the impression that most Chalice could handle the brighter light with moderate to high flow. How do you know which varieties go where in the tank?

Agostinone
03/19/2017, 01:12 AM
There is a good "show me your Chalice" thread I read before I bought my first one (about a month or two ago). From that I concluded I'd start mine on the sand under a small over hang. It's working for me. The chalice has doubled or tripled in size (it was a small frag) and it's coloration is beautiful.