PDA

View Full Version : Its ALIVE!!!!

Cheeselady
03/18/2017, 03:48 PM
I recently up graded to larger tank and installed a sump/refugium.
I knew my little neon blue goby would be a bit hard to find in the larger tank. But after more than two weeks missing I had assumed the little guy was gone for good.

Low and behold when I cleaned my filter sock..... I FOUND HIM!!

For now he's back in the main tank but I'm a bit worried he'll end up in the sock again.

So..... do I leave him in the main tank and resuce him from the sock as needed or do I put him in the refugium with there is a small chance he could get up into my return pump unless find some sort of mesh I can use to block a path between the chambers.

JUNBUG361
03/18/2017, 06:59 PM
Back in the DT, maybe you could add some mesh canvas sheet on your overflow box

ZachsZoo
03/18/2017, 07:28 PM
you could use mesh, or put him in your QT or frag tank(if you have one) temporarily. If he got in the filter sock once, he will do it again.

Cheeselady
03/20/2017, 07:40 AM
Thanks folks, I hadn't thought of covering the overflow intake. That's a good idea.

homer1475
03/20/2017, 07:49 AM
Strainer on the overflow pipes would help also. I have a clown that lives in my overflow(tower type), he's made a couple trips into my filter socks. Don't ask, I've fished him out more times then I can count, he just likes to live in there. Anyways, I eventually put a strainer on the full siphon pipe and he hasn't made it back in there to date.

I did one of these.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/bulkhead-overflow-strainers.html

BigDave
03/20/2017, 08:11 PM
Covering the overflow is what I ended up doing too. I had a small fish take 3 trips to the sump.

Even with the mesh, my Blennie still found it's way down there. The only thing I can think is he went to jump and ended up in the overflow.

Bender19
03/21/2017, 06:06 AM
But after more than two weeks missing

Low and behold when I cleaned my filter sock..... I FOUND HIM!!

Glad you found him! Although you should be changing your filter socks more often so the gunk they collect doesn't start breaking down.

thirsty saltine
03/21/2017, 06:36 PM
I had a firefish that did this all the time, I got tired of moving him back and forth all the time, finally just left him in the sump full time. seemed happy enough.