PDA

View Full Version : Cementing pvc to bulkhead?

cpballer
03/19/2017, 05:56 PM
Is using pvc cement ok to use for cementing a pvc to a bulkhead? Or would i need to use a transition cement pvc to abs(since bulkhead is abs)? See pic please. Thanks

mfinn
03/19/2017, 07:09 PM
I've always used regular pvc glue and never had a problem.
If you glue it up like that and need to change it sometime in the future, you will have to cut the pvc and buy a new bulkhead fitting.
I always try and use threaded fittings near a bulkhead, just so I can change things up if needed.

JohnnyRedd
03/19/2017, 07:23 PM
I have used regular glue or regular glue with primer and never had a problem.

cpballer
03/19/2017, 08:08 PM
I have used regular glue or regular glue with primer and never had a problem.

When you guys say pvc glue, thats different than a pvc cement? Im not planning to change anything so if its permanent then its permanent. Thanks

mfinn
03/19/2017, 08:49 PM
When you guys say pvc glue, thats different than a pvc cement? Im not planning to change anything so if its permanent then its permanent. Thanks

just the regular stuff.

Lsufan
03/19/2017, 10:23 PM
U are really suppose to use the pvc to abs transition cement but I can almost guarantee that 90% of people use regular pvc cement & never have a problem because there's really not much pressure on our systems. Make sure to anchor the pvc so the wieght isn't hanging on the bulkhead but u should do that anyways.

I usually use the transition cement to be safe,but I have used regular pvc cement before & I have never had a problem.