PDA

View Full Version : Reeflink or WXM modele

fuy
03/22/2017, 10:04 PM
i have two xr15w and i would like to have control from my device
and im looking between reeflink and wxm
anyone that had previous owned one of those tell me the different.

davehead86
03/23/2017, 03:15 PM
Edited for accuracy ...

Personal opinion buy the reeflink. You are in the ecotech family, whats a $100 wifi controller to access the best features of your pumps and lights all in one place.
Ecotech return pumps will not work with the WMX so if thats an upgrade you are considering keep that in mind.

CafeReef
03/23/2017, 04:07 PM
an advantage to the WXM over the ecolink, is that if if you utilize the Feed modes of your apex, you can have the MP40 slow down or stop completely during feed mode, and then enter into nutrient export mode for a set period of time once feed mode ends. In addition, there are fewer frustrations with the WXM vs reeflink. Now, with that, both of them more are less are set and forget. The advantage of the WXM is the integration with apex feed modes. Davehead86 is right, if you were to get a vectra return pump, it currently will not work with the WXM, but this does not mean a firmware upgrade at a later date wouldnt incorporate the pump.

davehead86
03/24/2017, 09:44 AM
an advantage to the WXM over the ecolink, is that if if you utilize the Feed modes of your apex, you can have the MP40 slow down or stop completely during feed mode, and then enter into nutrient export mode for a set period of time once feed mode ends. In addition, there are fewer frustrations with the WXM vs reeflink. Now, with that, both of them more are less are set and forget. The advantage of the WXM is the integration with apex feed modes. Davehead86 is right, if you were to get a vectra return pump, it currently will not work with the WXM, but this does not mean a firmware upgrade at a later date wouldnt incorporate the pump.

I dont know. It seems like Neptune and Ecotech were happy until Neptune started making pumps. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ecotech drops the WMX compatibility when they release a new upgrade to their Vortech's. Thats why i chose the reeflink over the APEX and WMX.

Just adding all the info, maybe Im just :deadhorse: