PDA

View Full Version : Putting your tank's heaters to the test! Good? Better? BEST?

Randy_BRS
03/24/2017, 10:49 AM
Hey guys!

Today we are bringing you another installment of BRStv Investigates and in this episode, we put some industry leading heaters to the test.

Take a look at what we found for accuracy and variance of these heaters and let us know your thoughts on the ones you use in your tank! :)

You can watch here: https://youtu.be/JAqU-gCwiKE

Or here!

JAqU-gCwiKE

bif24701
03/29/2017, 10:34 PM
BRS, did the titanium heaters show any advantage in transferring heat to the water over other types? I love my Finnex 800 watt heater controlled by APEX but I wonder about your Ehiem+Apex combo recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy_BRS
03/30/2017, 09:03 AM
Hey,

I would say that the length of time to heat 1-degree may be a testament to their heat transfer capabilities. Personally, I use the Finnex heaters paired with my Apex, because I'm less concerned with them shattering. Early in my reefkeeping career I had a glass heater break while I was moving reactors. What a mess to clean! Once I saw that titanium heaters were available, I got one and never looked back.

When combined with a controller, I think either of these options are a winner! :-)

-Randy