PDA

View Full Version : Does aquavitro fuel elevate phosphates?

RealReef7
03/27/2017, 06:04 PM
Just like the title says, does fuel by aquavitro add phosphates? Reason I ask is because I just did a p04 test and it came out to be .16ppm. I run GFO and change it out monthly, and my makeup ro/di water reads 0.00ppm. I also change the water 10% 2x a month. The only thing I've done in the last couple months was dose aquavitro fuel 3x a week. The whole system is roughly 2 years old. I feed nori 2x a day, and frozen 1x a day. The tank is a 300g display.

bertoni
03/27/2017, 09:12 PM
It contains phosphate, so it might be contributing to the problem. I don't know the concentration, though. I'd stop for the time being, personally, and try some water changes or GFO.

RealReef7
03/27/2017, 10:47 PM
It contains phosphate, so it might be contributing to the problem. I don't know the concentration, though. I'd stop for the time being, personally, and try some water changes or GFO.

Hi Bertoni,

I changed the gfo 2 weeks ago, I guess ill try and change out the gfo more frequently. I've never had good luck taking down p04 via water changes... The water coming out of my gfo reactor should read a lower p04 level than my display tank right? If it is, then I know the GFO is working?

bertoni
03/27/2017, 11:17 PM
That's correct. When the output of the reactor matches the level in the tank, the media is exhausted.

scooter31707
03/28/2017, 08:42 AM
I really haven't experience the rise of phosphates when dosing Fuel. I have notice a lot of firm algae appears on the glass. I do run GFO also and I only dose Fuel twice a week.

BlackTip
03/28/2017, 11:11 AM
I've been using Fuel for about 6 months, and I didn't witness any dramatic change in phosphate. I dose twice a week per instruction. Why are you dosing 3 times a week? It could be the Nori.