PDA

View Full Version : Apex customer service is <s>terrible</s> awesome

jonesdeini
03/28/2017, 01:28 PM
I was going to comment in the other thread but I am mad enough that I feel like this warrants its own thread.

The night before I was leaving for vacation I noticed my return pump was not running. I tried to visit apex.local and could not login. When I walked over to the apex I noticed I could hear several relays clicking outlets on and off. I immediately unplugged the apex, waited a bit, and plugged it back in. The lights when back to orange, indicating things are working fine, but I am still unable to reach apex.local. I checked to see if my router knew of any wired connections which did not belong to my computers and I did not see anything other than my computers on the network. Also my return pump and several other outlets which should be on are not. I opened a support ticket with Neptune Systems and went on vacation hoping my tank would be alright without the Apex.

I came back to what seemed to be a very reasonable response. The customer service person had me run the Apex Browser tool. The tool showed the apex having an ip of 0.0.0.0 (confirming that is not in fact on the network). The customer service person then informed me we will need to have a phone support session either 2 or 3 days from now.

It is probably just extreme bad luck that my apex broke before my vacation, but I did expect to have this resolved in a reasonable amount of time. Waiting days for them to just say I need to RMA my unit is quite frustrating, and in my opinion, unacceptable.

jonesdeini
03/28/2017, 02:26 PM
Apex got a hold of me today and got the RMA process started. It is very nice that they offer advance RMA service. I am now a happy customer! Thank you!