PDA

View Full Version : RODI Units- Buyers Beware

jrpdriver
03/28/2017, 01:43 PM
I bought one of their RODI Units and its been performing very poorly, I called customer service and they ended up telling me that it doesn't perform as well if your source TDS is higher than 300 or if your pressure is below 65 PSI. I asked why they didn't include that information on the webpage so people would know that before purchasing and their answer was its in the pdf file of the manual and we expect customers to read manuals before making a purchase. They also said they can't include every bit of information and customers should know to do all their home work before making a purchase.

Their page on the unit includes every bit of information possible to sell a unit, it even includes an itemized list of the parts they include in the parts bag, but there wasn't enough room to write a 1-line warning about the unit not working as advertised if you have high source TDS or PSI below 65? That is total BS, just a warning to anyone considering buying one of their RO units.

They said they can't do anything for me because the system is performing as advertised. They advertise a 99% membrane rejection rate. Having the information about poor performance in a link to a pdf file, with no reference of the information is not advertising.

In the end, I learned to also read manuals before purchase, but I trusted a company like Bulk Reef Supply to be upfront about all the system specs on their listing page, not just the ones that are beneficial to them. Not the way I do business.

here is a link to the page so you can see how much information they posted and yet didn't have room for the system's limitations.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-6-stage-universal-water-saver-plus-ro-di-system-150gpd.html

Randy_BRS
03/28/2017, 05:13 PM
Hey there,

I know exactly how frustrating it can be to buy a product and not have it function the way I had hoped! Iím very sorry this happened to you with your RODI unit you purchased from us and you can rest assured that we will absolutely resolve this issue for you. :-)

I would like to have our CS manager, Andy, reach out to you about a refund, return, and/or replacement, so Iíve sent you a PM for your account info. We can definitely do better at explaining the reasonable expectations associated with any RODI unit, so Iíve also added this to our issues list to look at clarifying on our site.

For the sake of clarity, the issue youíre experience actually stems from the filter rather than the system. Weíve spent a lot of time and effort in researching the best filters to use in our RODI units and we found that DOW Filmtec RO membranes are head and shoulders above the rest. They use top quality filter membranes that far outperform other manufacturers. However, these filters are not without their limitations and unfortunately not all home water sources can achieve the 99% rejection rate DOW advertises. This is primarily due to heavier concentrations of salts and heavy metals in the source water, which can vary from city to city and even house to house.

Iíll watch for your PM response with your order and contact information. Once we get your info, I can guarantee we will have this resolved immediately!

Please feel free to message me here or PM anytime, if you need any further help!

Thanks,

-Randy

jrpdriver
03/28/2017, 05:30 PM
Thank you Randy, that was a much better response and explanation than what I received earlier from the customer service rep. I have responded to your pm

j_mazzy
03/29/2017, 07:57 PM
its all about psi. an ro membrane can handle upwards of 150psi+ the high pressure = better water.

Also this is not BRS fault. All pressure style (Standard) RODi work the exact same way. You could have bought a $600 spectrapure with all the bells and whistles and you would have had just as poor performance. Its a shame you chose to bash BRS instead of asking "Hey why does my rodi suck"?

jrpdriver
03/29/2017, 09:44 PM
its all about psi. an ro membrane can handle upwards of 150psi+ the high pressure = better water.

Also this is not BRS fault. All pressure style (Standard) RODi work the exact same way. You could have bought a $600 spectrapure with all the bells and whistles and you would have had just as poor performance. Its a shame you chose to bash BRS instead of asking "Hey why does my rodi suck"?

It's not only pressure, because of the 150gph unit design, if the source water is over 300, it loses rejection rate. A benefit is that their units produce less waste water, it's a water conservation feature.

BRS handled the situation very well after the first phone conversation i had with one of their representatives, they reached out, apologized, treated me very well and updated their listing page. I learned a lot about different RO units through all this and I learned to do more homework when making a purchase in the future.

Randy_BRS
03/30/2017, 06:09 PM
Hey guys!

We've made some significant updates to the product pages to help ensure this confusion doesn't happen again and we greatly appreciate bringing issues like this to our attention!

It is exactly feedback like this that helps keep our site in tip top shape. :-)

Thanks!

-Randy