PDA

View Full Version : FW application won't open / Mac

tgbaby1
03/28/2017, 08:38 PM
I am trying to update my firmware on my apex classic to 4.51_2E17. I downloaded the update successfully but every time I try to open the Apex application I get an "Apex Quit Unexpectedly" error. I try reopening and get the same message repeatedly. I have restarted multiple times and have re-downloaded the update without success. Anyone else run into this problem with a Mac?

RussM
03/30/2017, 10:58 AM
From the announcement on the Neptune Systems Community Forum (https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?17787-Apex-Classic-Firmware-Release-v4-51_2E17) about the latest Apex Classic firmware release:

Mac users: The Apex app included in the firmware package for Mac is compatible with OS X 10.10 though 10.12 (Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra). To ensure that you use the new Apex app in this package, please choose the Replace option if prompted (as seen in the image below) while installing the new Apex app. Also, if you still have an old version of the firmware updater app named "ApexFlash" installed, you should delete it.

You Mac OS is probably too old.