PDA

View Full Version : need a new target feeder

crankbait09
03/30/2017, 08:02 AM
About a year ago, I purchased a target feeder squirter for my corals, as well as my serpent sea star. At the tip of the squirter, there is a red "pointy stake" that is used to hold pieces of food that I feed the serpent sea star. Over the span of time, the rubber thingy inside that holds the extension tube has become weak. So when I pull the tube out, it comes out of that black rubber thing.

So, with that, I am looking for another squirter that has the same stake point at the end. I use that to give my serpent sea star his chunks of food. I don't mind having two feeders, one for the coral squirting, and the other with a stake, but I haven't found a long stake. It has to be around 24" in length, fully extended

Here is the model I currently have: http://www.marinedepot.com/Kent_Marine_Sea_Squirt_Feeder_Coral_Feeders-Kent_Marine-KM2711-FIFDFECR-vi.html?utm_source=mdcsegooglebase2&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=mdcsegooglebase2&utm_content=KM2711&gclid=Cj0KEQjw2fLGBRDopP-vg7PLgvsBEiQAUOnIXJ8NMSxtZQEdTp92tXtPISPcK0Xzal7KW5mW0Xt_jS0aAi_88P8HAQ

any ideas?

jacksonpt
03/30/2017, 09:05 AM
I have the same one... any reason why you don't just buy a new one to replace your old, worn out one?

crankbait09
03/30/2017, 09:10 AM
well, I certainly don't want to have to buy a new one over and over again.
Another reefer recommended placing some super glue inside the stopper to hold it. Just gotta make sure not to get glue outside of it, or it will no longer slide. I may try that. If I ruin it, then I will buy a new. As a replacement, I was looking for one that I wouldn't have to worry about this with.

Maybe other users were using something different or had another idea how to target feed, like a DIY stake

soulpatch
03/30/2017, 10:32 AM
could always use a stainless BBQ Skewer....They have em at 24" and longer

ZachsZoo
03/30/2017, 03:01 PM
The Juilian's thing from BRS has an extension and works great.

Slats
03/30/2017, 08:50 PM
The Juilian's thing from BRS has an extension and works great.

+1

I had that same feeder and the rubber bulb on the end eventually fell off, rendering it useless. I decided to purchase Julian's Thing and I have been very happy with it. I would recommend buying the pack with extra tips that will allow you to have a tip for chunkier food and one for particle food.

bobbravo2
04/01/2017, 06:36 PM
Juliana thing all day long

aznflyfisherman
04/01/2017, 09:33 PM
Why dont you just make your own? I made mine using turkey bastor n 1/4 inch clear tubing n made it to my desire length.