PDA

View Full Version : Green Monitpora issues

rajilnaja
03/30/2017, 10:52 AM
So I have a chunk of green monitor in*our tank. It seems to be growing*slowly but surely,*since being added to my tank the green tissue*has slowly bleached? or at least lost its*green*coloration. Also new polyps that grow don't seem to grow in as dense of a pattern as they use to.*It almost appears to be tissue loss, tissue color loss or bleaching but I'm not sure if any of those are correct? The picture makes it look a bit lighter and more dull than it really is, the polyps themselves are still pretty bright green, just the tissue below has changed. Any suggestions? its sitting in about 250 PAR under leds. We keep alk at around 8.9, calc 420, nitrate currently undetectable on the API test kit.

https://znzqzq-dm2306.files.1drv.com/y4mG3jaxojpA27uJ2G0_U71D9rfUmlxIqM8sAf44_SbPSyVP9z4BnEKug2nRPcdtwh-C7ng_1pYzf9yCJsFIfjPGKiqTtQdtaE0s2anbwGOABa0BLGil9iRJFZnYOal4DIgWhb8j3pCqRas6vthIKdtgrK1MCetQijGS1JD 75UyFBI090oSSr5lBTp3VYM8_06HlPsqucy7NxvI3Xl0QJrVag?width=660&height=440&cropmode=none

mcgyvr
03/30/2017, 10:56 AM
Different lights/spectrums will effect corals differently..
It could be nothing wrong and just how its going to be with your light setup vs someone with MH or T5 or even another LED system with a different spectral output,etc...

Could also be differing levels of "trace elements" between your water and wherever it was before.. Again.. may be totally fine.. may not..
Personally if its growing let it be and accept what it is..
You can try tweaking different trace elements but again I wouldn't do anything personally as that could just make it worse/unhappy..

Leave well enough alone IMO...

meverha1
03/30/2017, 02:53 PM
Looks fairly normal to me.

You might want to add some iron to your water... that will help with the green coloration of all of your corals.

nogascans
03/30/2017, 03:46 PM
Any water parameters? My montipora tend to brown/lighten with higher nitrates and phosphates.

Sincerely,

David