PDA

View Full Version : Disease ID

evey208
03/31/2017, 09:38 AM
Hey guys,

So yesterday I picked up 3 chromis fish from LFS and put them into my QT. I'm running a 10g with heater, small powerhead, lights, and aqueon HOB filter. I have some cycled pieces of LR for bacterial filter until I have a seeded sponge ready from my DT.

Long story short and against my better judgement I picked these up from the LFS that has a 50/50 reputation of having bad fish. Since I planned on putting in QT and chromis are relatively cheap, I took my chances. Of course now they won't take the fish back even without refund and are blaming my water quality for stressing the fish therefore making it vulnerable. All levels are fine, I tested already.

Anyway it's been less than 24 hours and when I got up this morning one of the little guys had a lesion on the side. I've narrowed it down to either being ich or uronema marinum but wanted to see what more seasoned hobbyists thought.

Also- should I treat these guys? Take them back regardless of what they say?

I've had mixed feeling about treating with copper and was hoping to hold off until I can get sponge in there to dispose of later, but at this point I don't think I have too many options.

Any advice would be great and thanks in advance!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170331/26fc4223e5044a7e9b0b8a0f91545d45.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalaciosAn
03/31/2017, 10:25 AM
Instead of copper, give them a fresh water dip.

Khazmodain
03/31/2017, 10:35 AM
That looks like textbook uronema.