PDA

View Full Version : Articles on bubble tips

jiminy_crime
03/31/2017, 06:59 PM
Can anyone direct me to articles on anemones?

I have not been able to find out why my bubble tips have turned from Orange and red to big tan anemones with little color. Been trying to figure out what has caused this and most articles I've found never address this.

NYCBOB
04/01/2017, 05:37 AM
it could be due to lighting or the anemone simply gaining more zooxanthellae. i have one that was originally green, but overtime it turned more brownish as it was getting more zoozanthellae. as it turned more brown, it tripled in size. does ur anemone look healthy?

jiminy_crime
04/01/2017, 08:33 AM
Yes it does and it has grown pretty sizeable.

I have been doing a lot of reading on this and what I have found suggests that the color will come back with more intense lighting. I wonder if this is true or not.

NYCBOB
04/01/2017, 08:36 AM
lighting plays a huge role. my anemones look different under led than t5.

jiminy_crime
04/01/2017, 09:42 AM
Different in a brown way? Mine looked colorful for the first several months and then began to brownout. I'm wondering if I should sell my Kessils in favor of Halides or T5?

Jamie1210
04/01/2017, 12:02 PM
I don't think there are any articles written on this matter yet, but there really should be. I've had the supposed lemon drop bta turn normal rainbow on me after a few months in my tank, and other high end ones that brown out. Which is why I gave up on the designer btas lol.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk