PDA

View Full Version : Could it be the "WYSIWYG?"

Joeb1983
04/01/2017, 12:59 PM
Picked up this Bleeding Appel Scoly on ol eBay.

I specifically asked if this was a WYSIWYG piece and the answer was, "yes it is".

So the bidding began and I picked it up.

Here is the pic that was listed.

Joeb1983
04/01/2017, 01:04 PM
Obviously it's upset from being shipped, but I just don't see it...

This is what was received.

Could it be? Looks too different to me.

Optionman
04/01/2017, 01:25 PM
I think I can see lettering on the side of the frag plug in the eBay photo. Can you compare? Ask seller what lighting he was running but I agree it doesn't look correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeb1983
04/01/2017, 01:31 PM
From the reflection it looks like ocean revives.

It just seems like the listings photo was green with red/orange stripes

And what I got today is more orange with green stripes. (Reversed)

Even if it get fully plumped up, I still can't see it.

It was just a pvc base to prop it up for the photo. I received just the Scoly with no plug/prop.

Optionman
04/01/2017, 01:43 PM
I don't know anything about scolys but it's nice looking even if not a bleeding apple. Good luck

Knighthawk
04/01/2017, 02:58 PM
To me that does not look even close. Even if your lighting is different the color patterns aren't the same.

ali1
04/01/2017, 03:21 PM
Refund. Tired of companies saying too many variables..lighting, flow, placement, thickness of glass, sandbed, yada yada

At some point, someone will receive a frogspawn pretending to be a torch

Joeb1983
04/01/2017, 03:56 PM
To me that does not look even close. Even if your lighting is different the color patterns aren't the same.

Exactly my point!

We will see when I get home if it opened up.

Also, sent the seller a message. Awaiting a reply.

Joeb1983
04/01/2017, 06:42 PM
About 8 hours later...

victorcan
04/01/2017, 10:19 PM
That aint the same coral .

Joeb1983
04/02/2017, 07:08 AM
Yeah, idk wth I got, but it's definitely not what was represented, confirmed and what was paid for.

Even the skeleton structure with all the old death looks odd...

What the heck is this monstrosity? Lol!

zchauvin
04/02/2017, 07:49 AM
lol man. That is not even close to what you paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

steallife904
04/03/2017, 08:52 AM
ya its not the same. on the flip if you didn't pay to much it is still nice. but if you paid a premium then you need them to refund, discount or send you the right one!

Joeb1983
04/04/2017, 09:23 AM
I did save a little cash, but not huge by any stretch.

It is opening more as the days go on, but I don't know if Ace Ventura delivered it or what, but this thing was beat!

It was folded upon folds and contorted in ways I've never seen a Scoly do.

After looking at it last night, it does show some promise. Just getting it there is key.

Ill post a pic when I get home.

Bagabaga
04/05/2017, 12:22 PM
Any news on it? The Scoly in the first pic is attached to a square plug if you look close. This seems like an eBay scam to me. Report it to eBay they can do wonders with their power.

Although it maybe the same coral. That last image you took is showing red stripes that almost match the first photo on eBay. It's very possible it got damaged before or during shipping. Could be an old photo he used to get someone to buy it. Check the eBay description on returns before you report. They can have individual stipulations on returns and arrivals.

Joeb1983
04/05/2017, 02:26 PM
It's coming around slowly, still not what was pictured, but has nice markings so no a huge loss.

Waiting for that one side to lay down.

Joeb1983
04/05/2017, 02:34 PM
It was delivered without a heat pack and the low that night here was 41 at 12am.

Here is the temp the water was when I opened the box as it was noticeably cold.

67.8 and thats after being opened during acclimation in a heated house.

It was for sure NOT happy at all...

dutch27
04/10/2017, 09:13 PM
I dunno man, that last photo of it looks like the original post, just that you run more blue lights than the seller. Looks like the right coral to me.

ReefPharmer
04/11/2017, 02:35 AM
It's not the same coral at all. The original is majority green w orange lines and the received item is majority orange w green streaks. Scolies don't change color ime so you got a different coral. Whether you keep it / like it is your call but it's 100% not the wysiwyg

Joeb1983
04/11/2017, 08:35 AM
It's not the same coral at all. The original is majority green w orange lines and the received item is majority orange w green streaks. Scolies don't change color ime so you got a different coral. Whether you keep it / like it is your call but it's 100% not the wysiwyg

Its not and I am good with it now.

I paid closer to wholesale + $35 shipping, but still...

Cant get that one side to lay down and it probably may never.

When it makes the move to the larger frag system, Ill cut the base down some with the frag saw and round some of the old death with a Dremel.

See how things turn out.

ali1
04/11/2017, 07:12 PM
Please inform us of the ebay seller/business so we can sway away from

Ill add it to my non trusted list

Joeb1983
04/12/2017, 09:36 AM
Please inform us of the ebay seller/business so we can sway away from

Ill add it to my non trusted list

eBay info:

coraltrader (3,704) 100% positive feedback

Vista, California

Yes, 100% positive... I thought I was golden and still perplexed as to what I received.

I simply provided the seller pictures of what was received and asked if there was any way the wrong piece was sent giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I was ensured the way they label and ID corals, there was ZERO chance of mistake and that over the many years of selling on eBay; they didn't receive 100% feedback by being misleading.

They did offer a refund, but its not worth the hassle to $hip back or open a claim.

Its an alright piece, but not what was represented that's for sure.

TangingOut
04/12/2017, 07:05 PM
For sure not the same coral. I think the coloration is better than the original, but shape not so much. To me it would be an acceptable trade off and considered a wash.

ktownhero
04/13/2017, 09:06 AM
eBay info:

coraltrader (3,704) 100% positive feedback

Vista, California

Yes, 100% positive... I thought I was golden and still perplexed as to what I received.

I simply provided the seller pictures of what was received and asked if there was any way the wrong piece was sent giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I was ensured the way they label and ID corals, there was ZERO chance of mistake and that over the many years of selling on eBay; they didn't receive 100% feedback by being misleading.

They did offer a refund, but its not worth the hassle to $hip back or open a claim.

Its an alright piece, but not what was represented that's for sure.

If they have 100% feedback, it's probably because they are easy to work with. Mistakes can happen, so I would work with them on resolving it.