PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Apex pricing

BlueRoofTang
04/02/2017, 10:04 PM
I see that the price is the same everywhere that advertises it online. I would imagine there is a price that Neptune will not let them advertise under, and that's it.

Does anybody know if they can sell for less anywhere, or where I can get the best pricing?

Breadman03
04/02/2017, 10:31 PM
Neptune, and many of the big name companies, enforce what is called MAP pricing where they set a minimum advertised price. Vendors cannot advertise for anything less than that price.

Basically, you will pay full price or buy used, though you might come across a LFS that is willing to shave a couple bucks off.

jonmos75
04/03/2017, 12:02 AM
Also keep in mind that if you buy Neptune products from an non authorized seller and the price is under MAP then the warranty can be voided.

ldc3000
04/03/2017, 08:26 PM
The best solution I've come up with is to buy from an online store that let you earn cash back from purchases. I saw a lfs who had the classic for $429.

BlueRoofTang
04/25/2017, 08:09 PM
Also keep in mind that if you buy Neptune products from an non authorized seller and the price is under MAP then the warranty can be voided.
I was told that proof of purchase isn't required by Apex, and once you sign it on to FUsion, it automatically begins warranty. No? Where can I verify this?

BlueRoofTang
04/25/2017, 08:10 PM
BTW, Neptune told me that ALL dealers have to sell for the same price...so as mentioned, the best bet is probably to order from somebody that gives points for things you buy.

jonmos75
04/25/2017, 09:06 PM
I was told that proof of purchase isn't required by Apex, and once you sign it on to FUsion, it automatically begins warranty. No? Where can I verify this?

I can tell you for fact if you do not have a copy of your invoice then there is no warranty for that product. (I am sure there will be a few exceptions to that rule)

Fusion is just a cloud service that display what your Apex controller is sending to Fusion there is no place to enter invoice information. This is why they go off of the invoice.

I have bought an AFS that is over a year old and has never been connected to an Apex yet. If today I install the AFS and it does not work, there is no warranty for me, because I decided not to install the AFS so this would not be Neptune fault that is my own.

Breadman03
04/25/2017, 09:57 PM

The first question out of their mouth is, "Can you send a copy of the receipt?" Now, their customer service is pretty good, but they require receipts. I had an issue with a DOS pump immediately after they were released. Low serial number, manufacture date so recent I could hear the echo of the pen used to cross the date off the calendar. Where's the receipt? :)

I still buy their stuff and recommend it as a solid choice, and that DOS pump was up and running in no time thanks to Neptune.

RussM
04/26/2017, 05:14 PM
This is not the case... you were misinformed.

laverda
05/07/2017, 08:22 PM
BTW, Neptune told me that ALL dealers have to sell for the same price...so as mentioned, the best bet is probably to order from somebody that gives points for things you buy.
That is illegal and called price fixing. A retailer can sell for what ever they want. However they can not advertise it of less then MAP.

JDWells
05/28/2017, 08:21 PM
That is illegal and called price fixing. A retailer can sell for what ever they want. However they can not advertise it of less then MAP.

Sure they could, but then they wouldn't be an "Authorized Neptune Dealer".
One of my LFS had a sale recently and said that in the ad. We can't sell it any lower because of MAP pricing, but we'll give you free frags with purchase.
And it's not just Neptune. As said above, it's most of the big companies. Check Amazon, BRS, or your LFS and you'll usually see the exact price or higher.

Rishsd
06/03/2017, 01:45 PM

Apple does it all the time...

rezaktp
06/03/2017, 02:05 PM
Black Friday specials are your only chance for discounts on new Neptune. Even then there are restrictions but they usually have deals starting on BF, or buy used!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk