PDA

View Full Version : Goby/Shrimp duo question

Hooked0nPhonics
04/05/2017, 02:24 PM
Hey guys,

I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong spot, or if someone else has already inquired about this, but here goes.

I bought a Yasha Goby/Randalli Pistol Shrimp pair today and I'm super excited to have them in my tank finally. I drip acclimated them and they paired right up. Unfortunately, I put them in the tank, and they bolted to the back and are setting up a nest where I can barely see them :( Does this duo tend to move to other areas to build nests frequently? Id hate to have spent what I did, only to have them become a background element...

ginpang
04/05/2017, 07:53 PM
Usually when they're better accustomed to your tank and fish . They'll move to where water flow brings them the most amount of food.

My S. Yasha moves every few months or whenever I decide to vacuum the crushed coral. My s. Nématodes do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThRoewer
04/22/2017, 02:06 PM
In a tank the shrimp will move burrow exits, either constantly or once in a while. I have a yasha male with a single randalli shrimp in a 20 gallon tank. There is one larger rock on the ground under which they have set up shop. Every few days one of the exits​ is somewhere else. Another exit is more stationary.
I have a quite similar situation with my nematodes in two larger tanks. Only those gobies have a choice of pairing with roughly 10 shrimp in each of those tanks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fishnpups
04/23/2017, 04:44 PM
My murderous pair move around now. every day they have a different burrow. It's really interesting