PDA

View Full Version : Blue tipped anemone

bcb577
04/06/2017, 07:06 PM
Hi,been awhile since I've posted but I've been in the hobby for about a year and a half.I have two nano tanks,1 10 gallon,and 1 14 gallon nano.I've had my ten gallon up for about 18 months and am always up on the maintenance and except one outbreak of cyno it's been in very tip top condition.parameters are always good .Anywho I've started researching blue tipped anemones and am open to any advice you may have. My tank has 1 clown fish,1 yellow watchman goby,some assorted polyps,xenia,hammer,candycain coral,1 peppermint shrimp,

TokiHacker
04/07/2017, 04:45 AM
Hi,been awhile since I've posted but I've been in the hobby for about a year and a half.I have two nano tanks,1 10 gallon,and 1 14 gallon nano.I've had my ten gallon up for about 18 months and am always up on the maintenance and except one outbreak of cyno it's been in very tip top condition.parameters are always good .Anywho I've started researching blue tipped anemones and am open to any advice you may have. My tank has 1 clown fish,1 yellow watchman goby,some assorted polyps,xenia,hammer,candycain coral,1 peppermint shrimp,

Sounds like a condy. It's very hardy usually do not host clowns. Plus a tank that small I wouldn't add. Nems like to move to find a spot and can sting everything on the way. Plus I didn't read what your lighting parameters or what your current age of the tank. EDIT: saw the age 18mo. Those are all very important when estimating how safe it is to add a new sea creature.

EDIT: Thinking about it you might be talking ab a sebae anemone which is not as hardy and can host. I wouldn't add due to the size of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWClark
04/07/2017, 05:37 AM
If it is a Sebae and is white with purple/blue tips then it is most likely bleached and may have limited time to live. The trick with Sebaes is to find one that is not bleached or can be brought back. Then you need to really nurse it back and have stable parameters and a well matured tank. Once settled they can be hardy.

billdogg
04/07/2017, 09:01 AM
If you could link a picture so we are talking about the same species it would be helpful. That being said, I would recommend against any anemone except perhaps the often very colorful rock anemone for a tank that size. And just so you know, rock anemones will not host anything. They can and will, however, invite fish over for dinner. (as the main course)

Also - if you could include actual numbers for your parameters instead of "parameters are always good" it would be very helpful.

What type of lighting are you using? Anemones, for the most part, require strong lighting.