PDA

View Full Version : GHL Mitras LX7200 and Profilux controllers

nycman
04/09/2017, 05:59 PM
Question -

I have just purchased Mitras LX7200 - 4 fixtures for a reef tank. Since I have an Apex controller I am not keen on purchasing a Profilux controller. What will I be missing by not have the Profilux? Can I do everything on the fixture console that would be available on Profilux, or is there more? Finally, if there is additional capabilities with the controller, are they generally covered by the Profilux Light, or does it too have lighting control limitations in comparison to the full blown Profilux controller? Thank you!

slief
04/09/2017, 06:06 PM
The GCC Software will allow you to control all functionality of the Mitras without the Profilux. It's the same interface to program the lights with or without the Profilux. The difference is that when you have the Mitras without the Profilux, the Mitras are setup with one being a Master and the rest being slaves. If you have a Profilux, the Mitras are all setup as slaves and the Profilux acts as the master sends the lighting commands to the lights. At the end of the day, from a lighting standpoint, you don't loose any functionality by not having a Profilux.

nycman
04/09/2017, 06:21 PM
The GCC Software will allow you to control all functionality of the Mitras without the Profilux. It's the same interface to program the lights with or without the Profilux. The difference is that when you have the Mitras without the Profilux, the Mitras are setup with one being a Master and the rest being slaves. If you have a Profilux, the Mitras are all setup as slaves and the Profilux acts as the master sends the lighting commands to the lights. At the end of the day, from a lighting standpoint, you don't loose any functionality by not having a Profilux.

Got it. Thanks very much for this informative reply.