PDA

View Full Version : first time using an RODI. a few questions

postaldave
04/09/2017, 08:19 PM
got my unit installed and it's putting out 0 tdi water. :bounce1:

1. should i mount the DI unit down lower? seems to fill up and drain over and over. when i shut the unit off is it bad for the DI to go dry? thinking now it should have been mounting below the float line.

2. that flush valve, is it suppose to make any sounds? it sounds like a half open
faucet when i'm making water.

http://i.imgur.com/3wB44Qml.jpg

Randy_BRS
04/10/2017, 12:25 PM
got my unit installed and it's putting out 0 tdi water. :bounce1:
1. should i mount the DI unit down lower? seems to fill up and drain over and over. when i shut the unit off is it bad for the DI to go dry? thinking now it should have been mounting below the float line.
2. that flush valve, is it suppose to make any sounds? it sounds like a half open
faucet when i'm making water.

Hey there!

Great looking RODI unit there! ;) Although the DI canister isn't completely full, it is still functioning properly and there isn't need for major concern. Air can get trapped in the DI stages and remain even during operation. Typically, slightly cracking open the DI canister to allow air out, will help the air out but it may appear again before the next use. Mounting it lower than the reservoir could prevent air from getting into the canister, once you had released it initially.

The flush valve can make some water rushing noises, but more so when it is actively flushing. I would check the position of the flush valve, to ensure it is closed. When closed, the valve handle should be perpendicular (90 degrees) to the black line it is attached to. Also, when the valve is closed, you will notice a significantly higher water pressure than when the valve is open.

High pressure = closed = making good water...
Lower pressure = open = flushing...

Hope this helps! :)

-Randy