PDA

View Full Version : 200'ish

Engine8ff
04/10/2017, 10:54 AM
Well after to many years without a tank we have started the hunting process for our 3rd tank. This will be in the 200 plus area specifically looking for a 220 marine land. I have had this tank in the past and 100% loved it. Other than lighting it looks like not much has changed. I see some nice LED's now and new technology on water movement. How about chemical dosing? I used Randy's 2 part and Kalk on my last tank, well more than likely use calcium reactor on this one. Of course I will have a Apex on this one as well. The last tank was 100% operated by the Apex. Is everyone still using BRS for chemicals and such or has someone new moved in. I don't know how many pounds of stuff I purchased from them over the years but it was a bunch. Thanks in advance for catching an old timer up to speed on the hobby. I will start posting pictures as soon as we locate a tank and make the move to our house. :fish1::bounce3:

Darthv247
04/10/2017, 01:35 PM
yup. still brs or marinedepot for goods mainly. Dosing will depnd on your coral load. Calc reactor is best if you are using a lot of calc. two part is fine for either, it just gets time consuming and expensive when you need to replace a ton of calc and alk. You can always start off dosing until your needs require the reactor.

Darthv247
04/10/2017, 01:36 PM
though i also like premium aquatics and aquacave

Engine8ff
04/10/2017, 03:34 PM
Yep forgot about aquacave! Thanks