PDA

View Full Version : Advice on LED setting for mixed reef

Marco333
04/11/2017, 10:00 PM
I have the Reef Breeders Aquasanrise Plus R60 over my 40 breeder. It is about 6 inches from the water surface using the supplied tank mounting legs. I am looking to keep a mixed reef. Right now I have a few LPS and soft corals and one Hydnophora. I am trying to figure out the best light settings for my 6 channels. Please see the image below showing what I am currently running. Can anyone recommend any changes to best support a mixed reef?

http://i.imgur.com/TvBP7I5.jpg

Thank you!

Reef_Breeders
04/12/2017, 03:23 PM
Hi Marco,

Those settings are OK- but you may want to reduce them by a little- maybe lower each step by about half, and slowly work up to the LPS settings you have now.

Marco333
04/12/2017, 03:36 PM
Hi Marco,

Those settings are OK- but you may want to reduce them by a little- maybe lower each step by about half, and slowly work up to the LPS settings you have now.

Thanks for the reply. Is the concern that it is too much light and it will cause bleaching? I have a hammer, acan, trumpet, and anthelia coral all low in the tank. I have had them about a month. All are open and healthy looking except the trumpet. The trumpet just seems ok. Is not dying, just not looking very happy. I just got the Hydnophora and placed it high in the tank. It seems happy so far.

Reef_Breeders
04/14/2017, 10:17 AM
Yes, 100%. I always recommend starting out low and very gradually adding power over time. If everything is opening up though, you should be ok- I would keep an eye on things though just to be safe, it's a lot of light; but the peak is only 60% for maybe 30 minutes.

Marco333
04/14/2017, 02:16 PM
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk