PDA

View Full Version : Bluefish mini help needed

JVan82
04/13/2017, 05:56 PM
Okay so I have been messing with this nanobox lights now for far to long... originally bought them with the O2surplus apex adaptor, after no luck with Dave I bought a bluefish mini. I am trying to blinkup the darn thing and it flashes green then the lights goes out. I read that means it's connected, but I get a timeout notice on my phone and says to do it again. I've been messing with it for a long time...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bblumberg
04/13/2017, 06:45 PM
Okay so I have been messing with this nanobox lights now for far to long... originally bought them with the O2surplus apex adaptor, after no luck with Dave I bought a bluefish mini. I am trying to blinkup the darn thing and it flashes green then the lights goes out. I read that means it's connected, but I get a timeout notice on my phone and says to do it again. I've been messing with it for a long time...

I had the exact same experience with the O2surplus 6-up board with Apex adapter. I could not get it work and didn't want to spend the time troubleshooting which wire went where so I bought a Bluefish mini. It took me HOURS and dozens of tries to get it Blinked up. The key is to do it in the dark, (or shadowed under a desk or something like that) and simply keep trying until it works. Once it did, everything has been almost perfect. I did need to remove the right angle adapter and plug the Bluefish mini directly into it the O2surplus board to get a reliable connection. This made the whole thing a bit taller than might be desirable. However, it fit into my canopy with a half inch to spare so I am happy with the result.

JVan82
04/13/2017, 06:47 PM
It's a led biocube, with the o2 the whites limes don't work... so I'm trying to trouble shoot that issue with the bluefish but it doesn't work as of yet... tomorrow is another day

oreo57
04/13/2017, 08:18 PM
Had similar problems w/ Bluefish mini.
Blikup took an hour and dozens of attempts.
Then a pretty long wait till I could register..

After success it worked great "most" of the time..
Various timeouts/asst. error messages, most of which mysteriously go away after awhile..

One recent episode did cause me to have to delete and reinstall the app.
2 different tablets w/ 2 versions of android.
Oldest OS (one requiring the re-install) reconnected fine w/ an error message to "upgrade my OS to fix display problems" but runs fine AFAICT..Yea like THAT is easy..

Point is if blinkup was successful, patience may be required..but if you have yet to register and logon blinkup didn't work.. AFAICT..

Only limited experience w/ it but lets just say I'm not impressed w/ the "routine"..
Getting it to work certainly was not seamless or very straight forward nor was there much I could find as to any diagnostics/data (couldn't find MAC address short of going to router and it's not "identified" well..NO name)

JVan82
04/13/2017, 08:53 PM
Yeah I'm beside myself with these lights... about to hot glue an XR30 in my lid and be done with it.... :-D

LQT
04/13/2017, 10:50 PM
To blink up, make sure you manually turn the screen brightness of your cellphone all the way up. Then, when blinking up put your cellphone screen literally a centimeter away from the IMP card. To help, also turn down the other lights in the room. I feel bad, cuz my lights and the Bluefish interface has run flawlessly for me.

JVan82
04/14/2017, 07:01 AM
So after failing to get the bluefish to work I put the o2surplus adapter back in and now channels 1 and 2 don't work... and I dropped a screw in the tank and had to tear apart the rock work to get it out... fml