PDA

View Full Version : Refugium in chamber 1 BC32?

razvan22
04/16/2017, 12:21 PM
I've beentrying to read up on it, but I'm unable to find an answer. Has anyone tried to put cheato into chamber 1? Pro or cons? It seem chamber 1 has a black tape on the back which can be easily removed for a magnet light. Thank you

skiingfast
04/16/2017, 11:52 PM
I've beentrying to read up on it, but I'm unable to find an answer. Has anyone tried to put cheato into chamber 1? Pro or cons? It seem chamber 1 has a black tape on the back which can be easily removed for a magnet light. Thank you

You can remove the coating with a little effort.

Pros, none really. Cons, you want to skim before sending water to the refugium, it lets your skimmer work easier.

razvan22
04/17/2017, 01:24 AM

I'm not sure i agree with your statement. A lot of people use the Inbasket media box with carbon, purigen and macro algeas with the skimmer last. Also, I don't think the skimmer work more or less regardless of its placement.

skiingfast
04/18/2017, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure i agree with your statement. A lot of people use the Inbasket media box with carbon, purigen and macro algeas with the skimmer last. Also, I don't think the skimmer work more or less regardless of its placement.

Here is what happens when you do that.

The skimmer pulls out a lighter skim because the carbon and purigen pull out stuff ahead of it. And then the carbon and purigen have to be replaced more often because they filter dirtier water.