PDA

View Full Version : Ocellaris, Snowflake, Maroon then Popeye!!!!??!? Did she cheat on him!!??

dj.darden
04/20/2017, 08:23 AM
Last night I went to bed and everything was fine and in the norm, but when I got up this morning I was quick to notice my ocellaris had popeye in eyes right eye!!!

Really the only differences in my tank is a snowflake clown. I put her in and almost immediately after acclimation (drip method) she started her twitching and he also should some signs of pairing and everything was great!!! Happy me right...new juvy snowflake pairing up with a smaller ocellaris im hype.....2days ago

Well I also have a maroon clownfish that's rear fin was kinda ripped up when I bought him (petco)so he's been in a breeder getting healthy over this last week and a half...
Decided he was not only heathy enough but slightly bigger than the ocellaris but not as big as my snowflake and at this point those 2 have paired these last 2 days and do not stray for from "their rock" even though they are in a 60 gallon tank!

I release my maroon and after a hour or so after he settles in he finds the other 2 clowns and the snowflake starts signaling the maroon clown!!!!!!!
Is she allowed to cheat on my boy like that?!?!?!!
Could fighting during the night last night between the 2 have caused the popeye?
My ocellaris has been in the tank freely the longest and could noticed a little tear in bottom fin but nothing major whatsoever
But he was all alone this morning :(!!!!

Meanwhile the my maroon clown is tore up quite a bit more as if he was ambushed by the paired fish but why is he now swimming with my snowflake !??????? :(

My thoughts I'm thinking the maroon clown basically beat out the ocellaris since he is slightly bigger and a naturally more aggressive for the love of my snowflake and in the mean time causing him popeye.

Everything is in my tank looks great. No signs of any sickness on anybody else.

Kinda wondering if anybody else has had something similar happen??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef_Chief
04/20/2017, 10:08 AM
Surely the male shows the submissive twitching if I'm not mistaken? That's what happened with mine.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Tapatalk

dj.darden
04/20/2017, 10:23 AM
Ooohhh see I assussumed the snowflake was going to be female since she is the biggest of them all but at the same time she also did the twitching. When she was introduced to the ocellaris she started it but then again later did the same with the maroon clown but if it is the male it would make sense because in senses it would be a mating call just the size through me off.

dj.darden
04/20/2017, 10:24 AM
Surely the male shows the submissive twitching if I'm not mistaken? That's what happened with mine.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Tapatalk

Ooohhh see I assussumed the snowflake was going to be female since she is the biggest of them all but at the same time she also did the twitching. When she was introduced to the ocellaris she started it but then again later did the same with the maroon clown but if it is the male it would make sense because in senses it would be a mating call just the size through me off.