PDA

View Full Version : Apex AWM to control Hydra Available NOWHERE

CJMichalik
04/20/2017, 03:35 PM
I really want to control my Hydra lights with Apex but the module they created to do just that is not available anywhere on earth. I found one place but they are just holding my money and not shipping it so I presume they don't actually have one either.

Did these not work and they pulled the line? What gives?

Rallos
04/20/2017, 03:38 PM
Is your Hydra the new HD ones? Something in the firmware of the HD Hydras and Primes broke the AWM and they are not apex controllable. Says so on the AI site I believe. If you have the older non "HD" version they should still work with the AWM.

mcgyvr
04/20/2017, 03:40 PM
Its been discontinued as far as I can tell..

CJMichalik
04/20/2017, 03:45 PM
They are the New Hydras. It is annoying that the Apex site still boasts about the module. However, even more annoying is the AI app control that is horrendous.

Optionman
04/20/2017, 05:54 PM
I have 4 hydra hd26 and an apex. Why do you want the apex to control lights when AI app works great from smartphone? My hydra leds are the only thing I don't run thru the apex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Optionman
04/20/2017, 05:55 PM
They are the New Hydras. It is annoying that the Apex site still boasts about the module. However, even more annoying is the AI app control that is horrendous.

Are you having the disconnection issue with the app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centurio
04/20/2017, 06:47 PM
They show in stock at Marine Depot, BRS and others......

CJMichalik
04/20/2017, 07:13 PM
Marine Depot hasn't had them for a month and they don't have them now. There is a wireless module for pump control (WXM), so it might be that is what you are seeing.

The wireless module for Hyrda control is/was the AWM.