PDA

View Full Version : Tough day...

nmotz
04/22/2017, 08:34 AM
Well, it's finally here, have to give my 2 yr old Peacock away because I'm moving. I've enjoyed the time I had with her. Certainly have plenty of videos on Youtube, haha. She was incredible, best mantis shrimp I've ever had. Best pet I've ever had.

Yeah I guess I'm just getting old. When I get moved in to our new house I don't think I'll start another tank. Wife is having a baby soon and I want to be engaged in the process of learning how to be a father. Come to think of it, I don't know when I'll be able to get back into the hobby. Life doesn't seem to get slower or easier. But I've enjoyed my time in this really interesting and unique hobby. Maybe someday I'll pick it up again.

And of course I'll still pop in here from time to time. :wavehand:

Gonodactylus
04/24/2017, 08:29 AM
nmotz,

I know how hard it is to say goodbye. Been there, done that!

I've really been impressed by your knowledge of stomatopods and by your steady voice of reason.

Enjoy fatherhood.

Roy

nmotz
04/24/2017, 09:40 AM
I appreciate that, Dr. Caldwell. Broke down the tank yesterday. I boxed everything up and just sat there looking at the space where it used to be. What a strange, empty feeling.

:reading: I learned a lot from you and everyone on this forum. I'm glad all that wisdom paid off over the last 2 years. It was great to see all that learning pay such positive dividends. Always hope I can help others reach their goals in this hobby too.

Mr. Manty
04/24/2017, 02:36 PM
Hey Nmotz, this is Austin from facebook. Thank you for spreading so much knowledge on this forum, I have been reading your posts for over a year before speaking to you. And thank you for personally helping me out as I begin this journey with my newly acquired peacock.

I am really sad you have to give her up and I hope it will not be too long before you get another. But it is new beginnings for me and I could not be more excited!

Mr. Manty
04/24/2017, 02:40 PM
Schrodenberg says hi and thank you!

nmotz
04/24/2017, 06:44 PM
Schrodenberg says hi and thank you!

Austin, great picture of a good looking stomatopod! Always glad to help people in this hobby. Enjoy the hobby, it is very special, especially right at the beginning.

Hadla
04/24/2017, 07:20 PM
Saw her and couldn't leave her once she looked up at me from the bucket with those eyes! Even though I said I didn't want another peacock. I promise to take really good care of her :)

Ok I'm trying to add a pic but it keeps saying upload of file failed...

nmotz
04/24/2017, 10:43 PM
Saw her and couldn't leave her once she looked up at me from the bucket with those eyes! Even though I said I didn't want another peacock. I promise to take really good care of her :)

Ok I'm trying to add a pic but it keeps saying upload of file failed...

I know you'll take good care of her. Glad someone in the reef central-mantis shrimp forum family gets to have her.