PDA

View Full Version : Actinic "show off" setting for Photon v2?

Doostur
04/24/2017, 06:17 PM
Been messing around with the settings. Still looking for a good actinic setting that will make my tank pop. Give it the WOW effect.

Can anyone share their settings/configuration?

Thanks!

Ron Reefman
04/25/2017, 03:08 AM
I took the 'MANUAL' mode for the fixture and set it as 100% blue and violet, 0% everything else. When I want to showoff the tank to people who visit or are over to our house to buy coral, I always show them the tank on MANUAL and on SUNSHINE and then go back to my CUSTOM settings.

I happen to like the look of the tank both ways, so my CUSTOM settings have no white for the first 2 hours of sunrise or the last 3 hours of sunset. But the rest of the day it looks more 'natural' white a cool white overall look. It really doesn't take much white intensity to wash out almost all of the fluorescing look of the blue light.

My old tank was a very mixed reef and the coral selections were made for MH and I wasn't aware of how corals fluoresced back 6 or 7 years ago. My new tank is much more sps dominate but almost any coral that can fluoresce well with blue leds is welcome in the tank. In the evening when the house lights are dim and the tank is all blue and violet leds, it looks like a 1970's hippie poster under a black light. It's almost like it glows in the dark.

Doostur
04/25/2017, 06:17 AM
I took the 'MANUAL' mode for the fixture and set it as 100% blue and violet, 0% everything else. When I want to showoff the tank to people who visit or are over to our house to buy coral, I always show them the tank on MANUAL and on SUNSHINE and then go back to my CUSTOM settings.

I happen to like the look of the tank both ways, so my CUSTOM settings have no white for the first 2 hours of sunrise or the last 3 hours of sunset. But the rest of the day it looks more 'natural' white a cool white overall look. It really doesn't take much white intensity to wash out almost all of the fluorescing look of the blue light.

My old tank was a very mixed reef and the coral selections were made for MH and I wasn't aware of how corals fluoresced back 6 or 7 years ago. My new tank is much more sps dominate but almost any coral that can fluoresce well with blue leds is welcome in the tank. In the evening when the house lights are dim and the tank is all blue and violet leds, it looks like a 1970's hippie poster under a black light. It's almost like it glows in the dark.

Pretty much what I have now based on our PM convo. You have channels 3, 5 and 6 at 100%?

Ron Reefman
04/26/2017, 03:17 AM
Pretty much what I have now based on our PM convo. You have channels 3, 5 and 6 at 100%?

On the MANUAL setting, yes.