PDA

View Full Version : Where to position powerheads

DTeeVee
04/25/2017, 04:21 PM
I have two koralia 1050's in my 40 breeder, some people said it will be too much but for me I can't even feel anything halfway across the tank. Where do I position them? I have a big piece of live rock in the middle and I can't exactly put it on the back. I don't want there to be too much flow on my softies and LPS but I don't want there to be none (Like I'm experiencing).

mcgyvr
04/25/2017, 04:44 PM
On a 40b one on the left side towards the front blowing to the right and then another on the right side towards the rear blowing to the left works just fine..

But its really a "you" need to try a few stops that seem to provide the most consistent flow around the tank and to avoid dead spots based exactly on the live rock you have/coral placement/caves,etc... which no one on the internet can really see from here (picture or not)..

AlSimmons
04/25/2017, 04:47 PM
I would place them up top at opposite ends of the tank. Corals that do best with a lot of flow can go in the middle of the tank and those that do not can go on the outskirts. Also, being that these pumps are kind of on a swivel you can always move the pump/s a little to the left, the right etc and create whole new set of currents in the tank.

Tarawa
04/27/2017, 12:51 PM
I have my two power heads on either side of the back about halfway down, and aimed somewhat towards the center and up a bit