PDA

View Full Version : changing from canister filter to sump on 93 cube - lots of questions

Ed_J
04/25/2017, 08:39 PM
Hi there all. This is my first post thought I've been reading fairly vigorously for quite some time now. We have a 93 gallon cube which we've had decent success with fish and anemones but have done poorly with most corals except mushrooms which seem to do well.

We decided to go further into the hobby and upgraded our lights, and have decided to do the rest, change from canister filter to sump, add some reactors, etc. But, there is no room for a sump in our current stand, so we have built a new stand (just the framing) and are starting to assemble what the finished product will look like before we actually take the tank down and reassemble in new location on new stand. So yes, this project is taking on a life of it's own, but it's very fun, so I'm enjoying it

I'm using a piece of foam board to simulate the back of the aquarium to start the plumbing. I purchased a eshopps overflow box and am going to be drilling both my return lines and drain lines.http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=372249&d=1493173792

My first question is when looking at the back of the inside of the pretend tank (first picture) does it look like my return lines are too low? Also, I have 1" return lines but am using 1" bulkhead fittings but think I really need to change those to 3/4" bulkheads and reduce from 1" going into the 3/4" and then I can use 3/4" loc line.

Also, looking at the back, same questions?
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=372250&d=1493173808
this is just the start, I'm sure I'm going to have a ton more!

Thanks,
ED

Ed_J
04/27/2017, 11:36 AM
Bump, should I raise my return lines?

SFish
04/29/2017, 07:41 AM
Kind a the wrong place for this and what you posted is to vague. There is no real information.

Ed_J
04/30/2017, 08:35 PM
Where would I post this? I'm redoing my tank and I think that's considered a build. This was just my first question about my build, it was "are my return lines too high?"

Thanks.

SFish
05/01/2017, 04:21 AM
Try new to the hobby. This is more of an area for posting the build. Also you need to give more detail and maybe post a picture. Your question can't really be answered the way it's posted. The height of the line doesn't matter you just need to make sure your return pump can handle it. There are people who have their return pump in the basement pumping water up one floor.

Ed_J
05/01/2017, 05:55 AM
Thanks I'll do that. I did post pictures, but they were not embedded, didn't figure that one out yet. Lol

SFish
05/01/2017, 11:42 AM
Add information when you post

Are you using

hose
PVC
What size pvc
How man 90's
What pump do you have
How high does the return line have to go

Ect