PDA

View Full Version : My new RedSea e series 45

TomDe
04/27/2017, 01:14 PM
Finally! I bought our first home in June so I have been tankless for almost a year. I plan to make this tank as nice as possible. Due to the small size I want nice stuff in here.

Mostly LPS, some nice softies, clams, and a few choice pieces SPS, and a rose bubble tip an. I am ordering the sump for this tank this month so I can add a better skimmer and topoff.

If anybody has any tips/tricks/advice about this tank please chime in. I am still confused on where my led settings should be but haven't read much yet (all about 50% right now).

All of my larger tanks were self plumbed so this is my first "all in one" but I feel it was well worth the money.

I like to keep things simple so I went with a RKL for heat control, and will eventually add some controllable wave makers.

My house was built in 1905 and as you can see in the photo when my son woke me up at 4am to setup the tank I couldn't go too big and the hardwood is too unloved so I put the tank in my entryway with marble flooring.

Here is where we are now and I can't wait to slowly stock and watch this baby grow out!

TomDe
04/27/2017, 01:17 PM
I will say it took me a lot longer to fully setup this tank than I wanted but pretty straight forward. So far 2 clowns, a maxima clam, acan, and a few pieces of orange cap. Using RedSea salt and test kits and I manually dose.

More pics to come as we progress and add in sump!

JUNBUG361
04/27/2017, 03:07 PM
Looks clean

TomDe
04/27/2017, 03:51 PM
So far we shall see once that first algae bloom comes! But ty

hammond0
04/28/2017, 09:25 PM
I've had a 75 for 15 years, but wanting to downsize and this look perfect. Keep the pictures coming as it progresses.