PDA

View Full Version : BRStv Investigates: What do your filter socks actually do?

Randy_BRS
04/28/2017, 03:10 PM
Hi Guys!

Today, we get to see the final results of the 8-week filter sock test! In this test, we setup a few tanks with filter socks and varied the frequency that they were changed. You may be surprised, as we were, at the actual nutrient reduction results!

Check it out and let us know your thoughts on sock maintenance schedules, or if you think socks are even necessary. :)

LOJ6B-0p9c0

Brieninsac
04/28/2017, 05:07 PM
Good video today. I change filter socks every few days and I think it helps keep my Nitrates and Phosphates in check.

One question that perhaps you could expand upon is the different micron measurements and if higher is better. As an example I have Reefer 350 and primarily use the mesh socks since they're so easy to clean. But would using the felt 225 or 100 micron give better results.

Randy_BRS
05/01/2017, 03:48 PM
Good video today. I change filter socks every few days and I think it helps keep my Nitrates and Phosphates in check.

One question that perhaps you could expand upon is the different micron measurements and if higher is better. As an example I have Reefer 350 and primarily use the mesh socks since they're so easy to clean. But would using the felt 225 or 100 micron give better results.

Thanks!

We've certainly received similar feedback to future tests from many others. I'm not exactly sure what the next version of this test will look like, but I've added variations like this to the notes! :)

-Randy