PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy deaf lionfish

FinnCole
04/30/2017, 10:16 AM
Are fuzzy dwarf lionfish reef safe ?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

ScroogeJones
04/30/2017, 10:26 AM
They're reef safe with caution. That being said they eat all types of inverts that they are able too and fuzzy dwarfs still get pretty large so small fish will be eaten as well. But I do love them. And if those first two things don't concern you then you're probably good.

FinnCole
04/30/2017, 10:29 AM
They're reef safe with caution. That being said they eat all types of inverts that they are able too and fuzzy dwarfs still get pretty large so small fish will be eaten as well. But I do love them. And if those first two things don't concern you then you're probably good.
K thanks the reason I am asking cause I want to start a large FOWLR for big scorpionfish lions and puffers but I love fuzzy dwarf lions but I am scared it would get bullied and would fit in better in a reef tank

ScroogeJones
04/30/2017, 10:40 AM
K thanks the reason I am asking cause I want to start a large FOWLR for big scorpionfish lions and puffers but I love fuzzy dwarf lions but I am scared it would get bullied and would fit in better in a reef tank

He'd probably fair better in the fowlr tank. What size will it be? And adding it as the first ones would be a good idea.

FinnCole
04/30/2017, 10:41 AM
He'd probably fair better in the fowlr tank. What size will it be? And adding it as the first ones would be a good idea.
Around 200 gals

FinnCole
04/30/2017, 10:42 AM
But the over fish in there would be like false stonefish and porcupine and dogface puffer and also bigger lions would they bully it ?

jmm
04/30/2017, 10:52 AM
I've seen one volitan eat another, slightly smaller one. Most of it stuck out of his mouth. He digested it slowly over a period of several days and it slowly went into the bigger one's stomach.

Try to match sizes in your FOWLR.

ScroogeJones
04/30/2017, 03:11 PM
Yeah. That's pretty gruesome. My understand is lionfish of different types should be okay together. I love the sound of this tank though. It'll be amazing for sure. When putting all of those fish together though, it wouldn't surprise me to hear about one eating the other. The fact is we're dealing with living animals. And it's impossible to guantee anything.

FinnCole
04/30/2017, 03:12 PM
Also could you put a eel in to