PDA

View Full Version : Help! Ati power module shifting on and off randomly

Fish4life28
04/30/2017, 11:42 AM
So, I have a problem that is very odd. Hoping to find some insight here. I have an ati power module 24 inch X6 bulbs. I relamped the other day and have noticed since that my 2 bulb circuit works fine. Once all 6 are on the light turns off and on randomly. All 6 bulbs go out then turn back on 20 seconds later.
My light is controlled via apex. Which is updated to newest firmware. Also I can't hear the apex switching on and off so it leads me to think it's the fixture.
Loose connections on the end caps was suggested to me, I fiddled with all bulbs and removed and reinstalled them. Problem still there. All 3 fans work, and there is no noise coming from ballasts. I am at wits end.

Does anyone know or ever heard of this issue with a t5 fixture?

[FTFY---sk8r]

Piper27
04/30/2017, 11:50 AM
I have to say, your title is pretty funny :).

Gotta be a wire loose somewhere or a faulty ballast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Fish4life28
04/30/2017, 11:55 AM
Would a faulty ballast turn off all 6 bulbs? There are 2 ballasts, 1 runs 2 bulbs and the other runs the other 4. The problem doesn't occur when just the 2 bulb circuit is on

Fish4life28
04/30/2017, 11:59 AM
Oh my. Did not proof read the title of the thread. Whoops. Can't find an option to edit the title

reefer roman
04/30/2017, 12:11 PM
I hate that when my lights take a **** on me!!!

rtparty
04/30/2017, 02:51 PM
There are three ballasts in your fixture. The 4 bulb bank is 2 ballasts connected to one power cord. So one of those ballasts may be going bad. I'd also try pulling out a new bulb on the 4 bulb bank and put an old bulb in its spot. See if the problem continues. Try this with every bulb and see if it goes away. You could have a defective bulb even new.