PDA

View Full Version : Apex Optical Sensor Programming Help

Frank@wall
05/01/2017, 07:57 PM
So there is a few things I wanna achieve. I have 3 sensors...I want OS1 to be an alarm and to shut off Return pump so it does not run dry and send an email just in case ATO pump fails and stops filling the sump...OS2 to be Sump fill as needed by the ATO and OS3 to shut off ATO if OS2 fails and also send alarm/email. I also want a delay on OS2 once it completes the fill but dont want it to come on right away if sump gets a little low so basically I dont want it cycling frequently.

Fallback OFF
If OS2 OPEN Then ON
If OS3 CLOSED Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

Not sure what to input for OS1 and how to write the program for the alarm.

Please help

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frank@wall
05/01/2017, 10:54 PM
So there is a few things I wanna achieve. I have 3 sensors...I want OS1 to be an alarm and to shut off Return pump so it does not run dry and send an email just in case ATO pump fails and stops filling the sump...OS2 to be Sump fill as needed by the ATO and OS3 to shut off ATO if OS2 fails and also send alarm/email. I also want a delay on OS2 once it completes the fill but dont want it to come on right away if sump gets a little low so basically I dont want it cycling frequently.

Fallback OFF
If OS2 OPEN Then ON
If OS3 CLOSED Then OFF

Not sure what to input for OS1 and how to write the program for the alarm.

Please help

I was thinking maybe this is correct

ATOPump:
Fallback OFF
If OS2 OPEN Then ON
If OS3 CLOSED Then OFF

ReturnPump:
If OS1 OPEN Then OFF

Email:
If OS1 OPEN Then ON
If OS3 CLOSED Then On

Frank@wall
05/02/2017, 09:41 AM
Nobody can help?

FullBoreReefer
05/02/2017, 11:18 AM
I was thinking maybe this is correct

ATOPump:
Fallback OFF
If OS2 OPEN Then ON
If OS3 CLOSED Then OFF

ReturnPump:
If OS1 OPEN Then OFF

Email:
If OS1 OPEN Then ON
If OS3 CLOSED Then On

I don't have any of these sensors, but the programming looks ok, other than one line in the ATO program.

The "Min Time" should be changed to a "delay" prompt. To me as it is its that's telling your ATO to be on for atleast the time stated. It sounds like you want it to wait a certain amount of time and then kick on so water movement doesn't keep ativating it. I would try this...

ATOPump:
Fallback OFF
If OS2 OPEN Then ON
Delay XX:XX then On
If OS3 CLOSED Then OFF

FullBoreReefer
05/02/2017, 11:33 AM
I don't have any of these sensors, but the programming looks ok, other than one line in the ATO program.

The "Min Time" should be changed to a "delay" prompt. To me as it is its that's telling your ATO to be on for atleast the time stated. It sounds like you want it to wait a certain amount of time and then kick on so water movement doesn't keep ativating it. I would try this...

ATOPump:
Fallback OFF
If OS2 OPEN Then ON
Delay XX:XX then On
If OS3 CLOSED Then OFF

Sorry I meant Defer NOT Delay. Apex uses Defer while my Arduino uses Delay, sorry for the mix up.

Defer 001:00 Then On.

This would wait 1min then kick on