PDA

View Full Version : Lighting

USNDoc
05/02/2017, 01:32 AM
Can anyone lead me in a good direction for better lighting for my 125 gal tank with 2 open brains a sailfin Hippo tang a tomini tang and coral beauty angel fish. I really want to start expandeding in to mor corals and currently my tank stands 72 x 18 x 24 I currently have the Orbit USA IC loop So kinda looking to either a replace that with another 72" or IF YOU THINK THAT HAVING TWO SEPERATVLIGHTS HANGING. And recommendations on which brands , lights etc

James "DOC" Adamonis
NH Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association
Chapter V-2

Ron Reefman
05/02/2017, 07:05 AM
I had a 180g 6' tank with two 32" fixtures hanging over it and they worked great. They were the same fixture that is sold today by Euphotica (do a google search). And Viparspectra makes a 32" that has less options for control, but still puts out great light capable of growing any coral.

If the budget is bigger, two Reef Breeder Photons or Aquasanrise 32" fixtures are even better (I think of better because they have even more control... not really better light). And if you don't have a canopy, they are far better looking than the Viparspectr oe Euphotica and cheaper than anything of equal features from AI or EcoTech.

You can see RB Photons at work in my build thread (link address in my sig below).

Rene Obergfell
05/02/2017, 07:59 PM
I use kessils and love them