PDA

View Full Version : pictures, help me identify which one is it: velvet, brook or uronema

sensei
05/02/2017, 06:30 PM
I had 5 lyretail anthias in qt.
they have been dying one by one.
I already finished the 4 TTM and I just have two left but one of them doe snot want to eat and just stas in the bottom.

here are pictures of the last two that died:
they show red or rust color spots and some decoloration of skin color

what disease is it?

thanks a lot

Zalick
05/02/2017, 07:42 PM
I already finished the 4 TTM and I just have two left but one of them doe snot want to eat and just stas in the bottom.

what disease is it?

thanks a lot

I had 3 anthia in QT and two died just like yours and looked the same at death. I suspected urenoma.

ThRoewer
05/02/2017, 08:06 PM
I would agree. The lesions look like Uronema. And that Anthias are affected fits as well.

sensei
05/02/2017, 08:39 PM
Thanks,

I have still one in qt and that one looks very healthy, how do I make sure there is no urenoma?
I am not sure if I want this one that lived in my dt becuase he was in same tank of the other 4 that died. I did TTM + Prazi
how long should I wait to be sure no urenoma after treatment?

2.- I have 4 replendt anthias in another qt tank, those look healthy and have not seen this kind of lesions but I just did TTM +prazi and are in observation now. how to make sure no urenoma in them?

Zalick
05/02/2017, 08:47 PM
Thanks,

I have still one in qt and that one looks very healthy, how do I make sure there is no urenoma?
I am not sure if I want this one that lived in my dt becuase he was in same tank of the other 4 that died. I did TTM + Prazi
how long should I wait to be sure no urenoma after treatment?

2.- I have 4 replendt anthias in another qt tank, those look healthy and have not seen this kind of lesions but I just did TTM +prazi and are in observation now. how to make sure no urenoma in them?

I have no experience with the advice I'm about to give. I give it based upon the research I've done over the last 4 months trying to solve the same dilemma.

I would treat the replendt anthias with chloroquine phosphate (CP). If you need some, PM me.

For the existing anthia, I am in the exact same boat. i'm going to treat wtih CP. then do a formalin bath, then transfer to new DT water in a separate container for a few minutes to rinse, then transfer to the DT.

FishN00b83
05/03/2017, 07:12 AM

what disease is it?

thanks a lot

Were they dying during tank transfer or after? They like to eat whatever is in the current. I have 1 male, and 3 females in tank transfer right now and they refused to eat. I put a power head in the tank and drop the mysis on top of the ph. When it shoots out they chase the food and eat it. It will take them maybe a day to realize what's going on, so you might need to get a net and clean up the first day. After that they should be eating no problem. Mine eat like crazy now.

Also, where did you get the fish from?

sensei
05/03/2017, 09:10 AM
I have no experience with the advice I'm about to give. I give it based upon the research I've done over the last 4 months trying to solve the same dilemma.

I would treat the replendt anthias with chloroquine phosphate (CP). If you need some, PM me.

For the existing anthia, I am in the exact same boat. i'm going to treat wtih CP. then do a formalin bath, then transfer to new DT water in a separate container for a few minutes to rinse, then transfer to the DT.

Thanks Zalick,

4th lyretail died today, I just have one left

I am not sure how to treat with formalin. I believe it is a series of baths at specific days and also dose formalin in lower concentration in qt tank.
do you know how to do it?

I have CP but I believe that is more for velvet? do you know the concentration to use?

metronidazole also works but I have read fish have to eat it with food.

the resplendits were treated in different qt tanks so I am not sure if I should expose them to all this?

sensei
05/03/2017, 09:13 AM
Were they dying during tank transfer or after? They like to eat whatever is in the current. I have 1 male, and 3 females in tank transfer right now and they refused to eat. I put a power head in the tank and drop the mysis on top of the ph. When it shoots out they chase the food and eat it. It will take them maybe a day to realize what's going on, so you might need to get a net and clean up the first day. After that they should be eating no problem. Mine eat like crazy now.

Also, where did you get the fish from?

1st died in 1st TTM
2nd died in 3 TTM
3rd died in 4 TTM
4th died after 4TTM
just one left does not show signs, but it should be infected, maybe it is inmune but I need to treat her to get rid of that nastiness.

all of them were eating very well before I could see the signs

FishN00b83
05/03/2017, 09:37 AM
1st died in 1st TTM
2nd died in 3 TTM
3rd died in 4 TTM
4th died after 4TTM
just one left does not show signs, but it should be infected, maybe it is inmune but I need to treat her to get rid of that nastiness.

all of them were eating very well before I could see the signs

Sorry for your losses that's rough. I just started using Formalin recently and I've had good luck with it. I had two clowns with brook and after three baths they seem to be fine. If you decide to use it just be careful and make sure you follow the instructions on the bottle. I used a half gallon of tank water in a clear glass bowl with 10 drops for 50 mins.

Zalick
05/03/2017, 10:34 AM
Thanks Zalick,

4th lyretail died today, I just have one left

I am not sure how to treat with formalin. I believe it is a series of baths at specific days and also dose formalin in lower concentration in qt tank.
do you know how to do it?

I have CP but I believe that is more for velvet? do you know the concentration to use?

metronidazole also works but I have read fish have to eat it with food.

the resplendits were treated in different qt tanks so I am not sure if I should expose them to all this?

Read this for using CP: http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2013/2/fish
As for formalin, i don't know off the top of my head. TheRoewer has some good instructions on other threads.

sensei
05/04/2017, 09:35 AM
Thanks Zalick,

I dosed CP yesterday to the 1 lyretail in qt that survived the outbreak.
I dosed 20mg per l, as mentioned by the article you posted above.
I figured out that I was better of acting fast or I maght loose the fish anyway.

I am not sure how much time to leave current anthia with CP and if after that I should also do formalin. From what I understand it is not just a dip, but a series of dips at specific days plus low concentration of formalin all the time in qt tank.

I am not clear on how to use formalin.

I found this:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2388437

what have you been able to understand with your research?

In addition, I am not clear what to do with the respendits anthias that I have in qt since after TTM and prazi and after being in qt for 3 weeks no signs of any ilness and look very healthy and are eating well.

Thanks

foozed
05/04/2017, 10:07 AM
Same thing happened to 5 lyretail anthias we received from LiveAq.
Upon arrival one showed really bad signs all over her body and they died one by one over the course of 2 weeks.
We then picked up a few from the LFS- no male this time and they died one by one with similar looking issues except for the last female who's doing good after 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro