PDA

View Full Version : Fish

gareth.hubbarde
05/03/2017, 08:00 AM
Hey guys and gals. I'm just wondering, I'm probably going to add a pair of clowns and fire shrimp to my 24g tank in couple of weeks, added cuc yesterday so couple of weeks for fish. Anyway my questions are is adding those 3 at the same time ok? And I am looking for a goby and shrimp pair about a month later however I don't have a deep bed of sand, is that a problem for the pistol shrimp?
Thank you for input.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sde1500
05/03/2017, 08:05 AM
My sand bed is about an inch, more or less in some areas, my pistol is perfectly happy.

As for the addition, is the pair a bonded pair? Or are you just buying two? There may not be much issue with it, but I would possibly consider adding the Goby/shrimp combo first. Clowns can be territorial. I haven't had much issue with the pair in my 65, but they can get defensive if fish come around where they like hanging out. Wouldn't hurt to get the goby and let it get established first.

gareth.hubbarde
05/03/2017, 09:06 AM
Lfs sells the shrimp and goby already paired.

sde1500
05/03/2017, 09:36 AM
Sorry, meant the clownfish actually, are you planning a bonded pair of clowns. I'd still recommend the goby/pistol first. Do you have a quarantine plan?

gareth.hubbarde
05/03/2017, 10:28 AM
Don't have a qt. Tank is a new setup so whatever goes in will be first fish in there. Will get the goby and pistol first with fire shrimp. As for clowns I would just ask Lfs for a pair, they probably would just pick two out I suppose.