PDA

View Full Version : starfish, need help

waynefort
05/04/2017, 08:38 AM
I purchase 4 inch purple in last 3 month and it look good until a last week when i got new coral and my current salinity is 1.022 to 1.023 but i have increasing a salinity to 1.025 according to coral requirement, one of their limb look like crumbed but it still moving around, how to save him, should i lower a salinity back to current salinity and amputate a infected limb from spread, i don't want to lose him

Hadla
05/04/2017, 01:22 PM
What kind of star?

waynefort
05/04/2017, 02:04 PM
My startfish is burgundy linckia starfish, he is about 4 to 5 inch in diameter. One of his limb seem to rotting and get shorter, now he still moving and roaming around the live rock and tank glass, however i worries about it and i not going to loss this prized starfish , what should i do?

AlSimmons
05/04/2017, 02:15 PM
The link below might help.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2002/5/inverts

Ron Reefman
05/05/2017, 06:24 AM
Do yourself and the hobby a big service and NEVER buy another Linckia starfish. They are next to impossible to keep. You buy it and then commit it to a slow and miserable death!

Hadla
05/05/2017, 10:28 AM
Do yourself and the hobby a big service and NEVER buy another Linckia starfish. They are next to impossible to keep. You buy it and then commit it to a slow and miserable death!

Thanks for the info! :) do you know much about the tile stars?

Ron Reefman
05/06/2017, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the info! :) do you know much about the tile stars?

They are better able to live in an aquarium than a Linckia, but water parameters need to be very stable and it will do better in an aquarium that is older and more mature, like 1 year or more. I think it also helps if you have a lot of open sand bed for it to forage over for food. If you have a lot of coral they can knock a lot of stuff over as they are not nearly as nimble as a serpent or brittle star.

Hadla
05/06/2017, 10:44 AM