PDA

View Full Version : 28g JBJ nano cf quad 602

JJsReeftank28gn
05/04/2017, 10:24 AM
Maybe someone can answer this for me , is the lighting on the 28g nano 602 series with the power compact lights that are 105w split 2 blue and 2 white with the moon light leds 4 of those one on each corner of the the hood. I know the big thing is the led lights. My tank grows algae rapidly. its the hairline kind all of my corals are doing better except the mushrooms and the hammer coral. The frogspawn , leather, star polyps,button polyps are doing great, so what is the issue. Mushrooms are supposed to be the esyest hardy corals there is. What am i missing. I does 1to 2 ml of calcium daily,3 drops of iodine daily, fuel every four days 5ml.

joesig
05/04/2017, 12:32 PM
Could be many things, water flow, filters in back, nutrients, old lighting, need more info.
Doesnt sound like you really need to be dosing so much stuff something that small should just be water changes and keep eye on ph and alk.
Dont go chasing numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishdip22
05/04/2017, 12:59 PM
Maybe someone can answer this for me , is the lighting on the 28g nano 602 series with the power compact lights that are 105w split 2 blue and 2 white with the moon light leds 4 of those one on each corner of the the hood. I know the big thing is the led lights. My tank grows algae rapidly. its the hairline kind all of my corals are doing better except the mushrooms and the hammer coral. The frogspawn , leather, star polyps,button polyps are doing great, so what is the issue. Mushrooms are supposed to be the esyest hardy corals there is. What am i missing. I does 1to 2 ml of calcium daily,3 drops of iodine daily, fuel every four days 5ml.

Fuel as in the Seachem additive? That is a lot of fuel for the algae.

joesig
05/04/2017, 01:59 PM
Could be many things, water flow, filters in back, nutrients, old lighting, need more info.
Doesnt sound like you really need to be dosing so much stuff something that small should just be water changes and keep eye on ph and alk.
Dont go chasing numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReefWreak
05/04/2017, 02:05 PM
Are you testing your levels? In a 28g cube with not a lot of coral those sound like a lot of additives to be adding. You could be poisoning everything with too much iodine, and that does sound like a lot of fuel to be using (not to mention that you shouldn't be dosing it at all if you aren't skimming or changing water frequently).

How old are your bulbs? Old CF bulbs can promote algae growth and not coral growth?

You should also cut back on feeding. You don't need to feed corals directly for a loooong time. The ones you mentioned will not starve to death.

JJsReeftank28gn
05/05/2017, 01:30 PM
To answer to many questions I'm dosing less than what is on the bottles as far as the dosage. The lights i don't know how old they are i bought the tank from a guy that couldn't keep the algae under control . He told me he bought it new three months ago and i have had it two so around five months. I am old school , iwas taught to dose, now its water changes often. I change three gallons every week. Is that enough for the corals to grow and expand? That is without having to add to it. also what about feeding the coral smothy?

JJsReeftank28gn
05/05/2017, 01:31 PM
I have little kids , so changing to the leds isn't really and option leaving the tank open at the top. Any ideas?

JJsReeftank28gn
05/05/2017, 01:34 PM
One more thing all my tests are coming out perfect, calcium is 430, ph is 8.2 nitries are below testing as well a nitates. I did put in one of the collums a phosphate media.