PDA

View Full Version : Aquammaxx HOB-1 vs WS-1 In Sump

bwitchn
05/05/2017, 12:24 AM
I have a JBJ 45rl. Was going to use the Aquamaxx HOB-1 however im concerned about overflow and was leanning to the Aquamaxx WS-1 In Sump. Any thoughts, advice and recommendation?

Thanks

Maria

hipertec
05/05/2017, 12:33 PM
i have the HOB1 and was also concerned about overflowing the skimmer but there is a tube that will overflow back to the tank, if there is an issue. Yes- thats not the best but it does protect you from a water nightmare.
Now if you have a sump, then I would go with an in sump skimmer. but the 45rl doesnt so i would assume you will have inside your tank? If that is the case, I would go with the HOB1.

Indiana Reefin
05/05/2017, 09:55 PM
I have a JBJ 45rl. Was going to use the Aquamaxx HOB-1 however im concerned about overflow and was leanning to the Aquamaxx WS-1 In Sump. Any thoughts, advice and recommendation?

Thanks

Maria

The WS1 is a great skimmer and is priced more reasonably. I have one in my cadlights 18 gallon They are both great skimmers but my vote is for the WS1

smatter
05/09/2017, 08:52 AM
The Aquamaxx WS-1 stinks as far as skimmers go. Stinks in a good way, as in the effluent smells really bad.