PDA

View Full Version : Heartbeat, Part 2

Optionman
05/05/2017, 01:04 PM
Have been unable to connect to my apex fusion for past 5 hours yet havent received any "heartbeat" warning. This is the second time this has happened. Does this feature work or not!!

vhuang168
05/05/2017, 03:05 PM
Did you turn on the feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurt_n
05/06/2017, 12:28 AM
Did you turn on the feature?

Same question I had. From your posts the last time this happened, it wasn't really clear to me that you actually enabled the feature. You made mention about "testing" the feature and it sent you a message... but there isn't any "test" function within heartbeat. There's a test function within your Settings/Notifications area, but that's separate from Heartbeat.

To enable Heartbeat, you need to click on the dropdown menu on the upper left corner of the screen with your Apex's name on it. At the bottom of that menu, it says "Setup" and then "Heartbeat". That's the screen where you enable it.

FullBoreReefer
05/06/2017, 06:43 AM
Yes this feature works, mine works everytime

Optionman
05/06/2017, 08:41 AM

It was "enabled". I disabled, saved, then re-enabled, and saved. I'll wait and see what happens the next time I lose connectivity, but I also plan to hardwire the apex to my router. Also, I've never received apex notifications when "alarm" levels are triggered. This is independent of heartbeat I'm assuming. Calling support on Monday.

vhuang168
05/06/2017, 09:44 AM
If you are not receiving email alarm alerts, you are not going to receive Heartbeat alerts. They use the same email setup. Check your notification settings under User/Settings/Notifications

BlueRoofTang
05/10/2017, 07:16 PM
If you just turn off your wifi router, you can test it and see if it works.