PDA

View Full Version : Palythoa among zoanthids?

CPdude
05/06/2017, 09:59 PM
I recently just noticed this. On the left of the picture are my green zoanthids. And on the right is what I assume to be palythoas? Unless those are just my zoanthids fully opened. They also have noticable different patterns. So are these palythoas on the right? Thanks!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170507/fb63856306abe8903bdf7ac5b155190f.jpg

Sent from my LG-H650 using Tapatalk

AlSimmons
05/07/2017, 09:49 AM
They all look the same to me, but the ones on the right haven't really colored up yet. I'm assuming they're receiving less light than the others?

sde1500
05/09/2017, 08:30 AM
I see no difference. Beyond shading on the right half.

CPdude
05/09/2017, 08:39 AM
They all look the same to me, but the ones on the right haven't really colored up yet. I'm assuming they're receiving less light than the others?
I see those same polyps even at the top of the rock. They are fully opened like a palythoa while my zoanthid polyps are not opened like them. They may not be palythoas but another kind of zoanthid? I bought this zoanthids labelled as green zoas. But i saw a few polyps with red in the centre and being brighter than the rest. The palythoa looking ones have a few differences than the rest of the green zoas, their pattern in like a star in the centre while the green zoanthids have a circle instead. They are also darker and more spread out tentacles then the greens. Could I have 3 zoa types all together? Haha.

Sent from my LG-H650 using Tapatalk