PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 9410 dc skimmer

abhishek@1985
05/07/2017, 09:53 PM
Hi Roger,

Currently running a Deltec 1350 in a 70 gallon tank with 20 gallon sump . Complete acropora dominant with around 12-14 fishes - wrasses and anthias with heavy feeding .
Hence, skimmer is unable to handle the load and was wondering about the Tunze 9410 DC . Will it be able to handle high load of the system ?
Also, I run CO2 scrubber connected to the air intake of the skimmer pump . Will I be able to do so in a Tunze 9410 dc ?

Regards,
Abhishek

rvitko
05/08/2017, 10:00 AM
It should, when I compare the specs of the Deltec it is a much stronger pump.

As for the CO2 scrubber, I have no first hand experience. I faced this same obstacle on my home tank, I use the 9012DC and have no sump, I had a pH between 7.95 and 8.05 and guessed that with the sprayed foam and newer windows and doors the CO2 build up from all gas appliances and me and the family was the cause. I decided against the CO2 scrubber due to long term cost and labor as well as no unsightly place to install it and just drilled a 1/4" hole through an external wall and ran an air pump outside. I now have an air pump connected to a T at the skimmer, the skimmer can take what it needs above what the air pump supplies from the house. This set up keeps the pH between 8.05 and 8.15. The air pump output after 25ft of tubing is only 150 l/hr, with my skimmer tuned where I want it the air draw is near 400 l/hr. My next step is a stronger air pump to try to get more of the air from outside. Since the weather is mild now I have tried with all doors and windows open and it will rise to 8.20 during the day. Anyway, if the CO2 scrubber is a strong restriction to air flow, you may need to pump the air through with an air pump and use the T as I described, I am sure someone else has first hand experience.