PDA

View Full Version : HElP for disabled reefers

no1bubba
05/08/2017, 06:56 AM
Does anyone have a few tips for a wheelchair bound reefer. In reefing for 13 years so I know what to do just can no longer figure out how to get it done.
Novice help maybe once a week.......challenge :(

chefbill
05/08/2017, 08:22 AM
You could possibly change your tank around to A View from Above Shadow Lagoon type tank. Or reach out to your local Reef clubs and you may be able to find somebody that could help you out with routine maintenance on the cheap

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

chefbill
05/08/2017, 08:23 AM
You could possibly change your tank around to A View from Above Shadow Lagoon type tank. Or reach out to your local Reef clubs and you may be able to find somebody that could help you out with routine maintenance on the cheap

Shallow lagoon

Rallos
05/08/2017, 08:39 AM
What is the extent of your disability? What tasks are you having trouble with? Please be as specific as you can. I might be able to offer some advice if I know what you are able to do. I am a double amputee myself (military) and I use a wheelchair part time.

JMorris271
05/08/2017, 08:53 AM
I have MD and do what I can; but somethings I just can't handle no matter what adjustments I make. So somethings I just need another persons help.

stratozyck
05/08/2017, 12:20 PM
I am pulling for you to find help!

God bless you Rallos and I hope you are taken care of!

One of my best friends did 3 tours and was discharged because of injury. When I met him I assumed it was in combat and several months after meeting him I asked what happened. His answer: "I was home on leave and got drunk and did some roofing."

Rallos
05/08/2017, 06:20 PM
I am pulling for you to find help!

God bless you Rallos and I hope you are taken care of!

One of my best friends did 3 tours and was discharged because of injury. When I met him I assumed it was in combat and several months after meeting him I asked what happened. His answer: "I was home on leave and got drunk and did some roofing."

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Yeah the VA is doing right by me. :thumbsup:

Sometimes guys get mental issues from combat (PTSD) and it makes them do stupid things and take risks they normally wouldnt (drunk roofing? that's a first for me, haha).