PDA

View Full Version : How long can a Duncan stay retracted?

E.Y.
05/08/2017, 04:01 PM
Moved my nano from my house to my office about 8 weeks ago. I didn't change the sand bed which was a mistake.

Lost some corals. My Duncan retracted and hasn't been seen for about six weeks.

Ended up changing the bed. All my corals that survived initially are doing well. Scans, frog spawns, and various zoas.

The Duncan is the only one that hasn't come out and it's been so long I'm wondering how it can possibly still be surviving.

It has 5 heads that look alive, but just retracted. The stem of the coral is still bluefish green as it was when it was thriving before the move.

Jstaff123
05/08/2017, 04:52 PM
I eventually found a fish nipping at my Duncan colony, but they stayed closed up for close to a month without ever opening up, and after removing that fish, they are happy and healthy and show no signs of stress from staying closed.

E.Y.
05/09/2017, 06:39 AM
I have two snowflake clowns and a dotty back. The Duncan was out all the time before the move, and no new livestock has been added. It had no issues for six months or so. Think it is related to all the crap I stirred up when I moved the tank. I'm just worried about it not eating.

Guess I will continue to wait and see. Hopefully it will come back out at some point.

karimwassef
05/09/2017, 08:14 AM
Create an eggcrate cage and cover the colony.

E.Y.
05/10/2017, 08:46 AM
I will try.