PDA

View Full Version : Zapping AEFW flatworms with majano wand

nashorn
05/09/2017, 11:46 AM
Can someone with AEFW and a majno wand try this?

I recently brought a majano wand and while havimg a lot of fun zapping aiptasia and majano I soon ran out of them.
So I was thinking I'll take care of a few red flat worms. Well to my surprise it would kill all of them in a small area around the one I touched.
Took a few zaps but yea all dead and started to slime.
I didn't want to do too many since I know they release toxic into the tank when dead.

Now I thought what happens if I touch a monti with the wand? I choose a monti because I had one that would sometimes fade in color but I never saw anything on it. I selected a some area to zap since it will kill a pin size area of the coral. To my surprise when I did that about a dozen or so flat worms started to move around the monti. I ended up zapping each one.
They were all transparent and if they weren't moving I would have never seen them.

Wondering if anyone with AEFW and a wand try this?
Also the wand should be able to kill any eggs if you see them.

atraperegrinus
05/19/2017, 12:04 AM
Can someone with AEFW and a majno wand try this?

I recently brought a majano wand and while havimg a lot of fun zapping aiptasia and majano I soon ran out of them.
So I was thinking I'll take care of a few red flat worms. Well to my surprise it would kill all of them in a small area around the one I touched.
Took a few zaps but yea all dead and started to slime.
I didn't want to do too many since I know they release toxic into the tank when dead.

Now I thought what happens if I touch a monti with the wand? I choose a monti because I had one that would sometimes fade in color but I never saw anything on it. I selected a some area to zap since it will kill a pin size area of the coral. To my surprise when I did that about a dozen or so flat worms started to move around the monti. I ended up zapping each one.
They were all transparent and if they weren't moving I would have never seen them.

Wondering if anyone with AEFW and a wand try this?
Also the wand should be able to kill any eggs if you see them.

Interesting lol